The Forecasting Project is a community-sponsored research unit within the Economic and Business Research Center (EBRC) in the Eller College of Management producing quarterly economic forecasts for Arizona and the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas. Forecasts cover key indicators such as jobs, population, income, sales, tax revenues, and residential construction activity, and are recognized as among the most accurate in the Western states.
JOIN THE FORECASTING PROJECT
Contact Forecasting Project Director
Dr. George Hammond
Dr. George W. Hammond is a widely recognized authority on regional economic forecasting, read more...
These forecasts and reports reach thousands of business leaders, policymakers, and citizens each year through conferences, public presentations, publications, EBRC’s websites and social media, and the press.
Companies and organizations needing in-depth economic forecasting services and long-run forecasts are invited to join the Forecasting Project and become Project sponsors. To learn more about the benefits of sponsorship contact Dr. George Hammond .
Current Forecasting Project sponsors include:
- Arizona Department of Transportation
- Arizona Joint Legislative Budget Committee
- Arizona Public Service Company
- Central Arizona Project
- City of Mesa
- City of Phoenix
- City of Tempe
- City of Tucson
- Cox Communications
- Elliott D. Pollack and Company
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Maricopa Association of Governments
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Maricopa County
- Pima Association of Governments
- Pima County
- Salt River Project
- Tucson Electric Power Company
Forecasting Project sponsorship allows your company access to in-depth economic forecasting services.
Services provided to sponsoring organizations:
- Detailed economic forecast data and analysis updated quarterly for Arizona and the Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale and Tucson metro areas.
- Long-run 30-year forecasts each August.
- A comprehensive examination of the outlook and business conditions in quarterly forecast update meetings with Eller College economists, other sponsors, and invited speakers, and access to forecast update PowerPoint presentations.
- Quarterly Economic Outlook report containing analysis and tables of forecasted variables, economic indicators, and 35 pages of graphs illustrating recent trends.
- Access to economic forecasting models and supporting data in EViews databanks and EXCEL spreadsheets. EViews is a product of IHS, a national leader in economic consulting and forecasting.
- Access to The Forecasting Project website for easy download of data, reports, analysis, and current indicators.
- Consulting on issues related to corporate economics and forecasting.
- Access to the Forecasting Project Director's Blog updated frequently with Dr. Hammond's discussion of developing trends in Arizona and the nation.